- 1 cup Florida Orange Juice
- 1 Florida Orange, peeled, segmented and chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 small onion, chopped
- ½ green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 cup chicken stock
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- ½ cup dried cranberries
1. In a 3-quart saucepan, melt butter over medium-high heat. Sauté onion and bell pepper just until the onion begins to look opaque.
2. Add quinoa and continue to cook, stirring, until quinoa is toasted and golden brown, about 5 minutes.
3. Add Florida Orange Juice and chicken stock; season with salt and pepper to taste.
4. Bring to a boil; stir, partially cover saucepan and reduce heat to simmer for 15 minutes.
5. Stir in dried cranberries; cover and cook an additional 5 minutes. Quinoa should be tender and liquid should be absorbed.
6. Remove from heat; stir in chopped oranges and let sit for 5 minutes.
7. Fluff with a fork and serve.
- % Daily Value*