- 2 cups Florida Orange Juice
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 6 whole cardamom pods, cracked
- 2 whole cinnamon sticks
- 1 tablespoon tamari sauce*
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 4 (4-ounce) mahi mahi fillets
- Cooked brown rice
*Low-sodium soy sauce may be substituted.
1. Preheat oven to 350° F. In a medium saucepan, combine orange juice, garlic, cardamom, cinnamon, tamari and honey. Bring to a simmer and allow sauce to thicken about 15 to 20 minutes. Remove cardamom pods and cinnamon sticks from saucepan; cool glaze.
2. Remove 1/2 cup of glaze and set aside.
3. Place fish on foil-lined baking sheet and heavily coat with remaining glaze. Bake fish for 10 minutes per inch of thickness, or until light and flaky. Place cooked fish over brown rice and baste with reserved glaze.
Snow peas are a wonderful vegetable accompaniment.