- 1-3/4 cup Florida Orange Juice, divided
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper (optional)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 3 tablespoons fresh mint cut into long, thin strips
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
1. Place the sugar, 1/4 cup Florida Orange Juice and black pepper (optional) in a small saucepan, and bring the mixture to a boil. Remove from heat and stir in remaining 1-1/2 cups Florida Orange Juice and lemon juice. Pour the mixture into a 9×13-inch shallow pan and place in the freezer. Every few minutes, stir and scrape the granita with a spoon to create an icy texture. This procedure takes about 30 to 45 minutes depending on your freezer.
2. Combine sliced strawberries, mint and balsamic vinegar in a small bowl and let sit while granita freezes. Serve 2 ounces of granita topped with 3 ounces of strawberry mixture in individual dessert bowls.
- % Daily Value*
Total Carbohydrate18g 7%
Vitamin C72mg 80%