- 2 tbsp. Florida Orange Juice
- 1 ½ tsp. Florida Orange zest
- 1 cup whole milk
- 3 egg yolks
- 2 tsp. Cointreau (or other orange liqueur)
- 1 ½ tbsp. cornstarch
- 4 tartlet shells (3 inch), prepared
- 1 cup Florida Orange segments
- 1 cup raspberries
- 3 tbsp. powdered sugar
1. Bring the milk to a simmer in a medium heavy-bottomed saucepan. In a separate mixing bowl, combine Florida Orange Juice, Florida Orange zest, egg yolks, Cointreau and cornstarch and whisk to combine.
2. Temper egg yolks by whisking a small amount of the hot milk into the egg yolk mixture. Once eggs are tempered, gradually add the rest of the hot milk to the egg yolks while whisking.
3. Return mixture to saucepan and bring back to medium-low heat, stirring constantly. Cook until mixture thickens, about 1 to 2 minutes.
4. Remove from heat and pour into mixing bowl. Press plastic wrap onto the surface of the mixture.
5. Place bowl with mixture inside another mixing bowl filled with ice. Refrigerate until well chilled.
6. Spoon ¼ cup of the chilled custard into each tartlet shell. Top with Florida Orange segments and raspberries.
7. Garnish with powdered sugar and serve immediately.