- 1 (2 pound) pork Boston butt roast
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- 6 Hamburger buns
Florida Orange North Carolina–Style BBQ Sauce:
- 1 cup Florida Orange Juice
- 1 ½ cups distilled vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, ground
For Pulled Pork:
- Preheat hot smoker to 250° F. Season Boston butt with salt and pepper. Smoke pork butt for 6 hours, until fork tender.
For Florida Orange North Carolina–Style Barbecue Sauce:
- Combine all ingredients in small saucepan. Bring to a simmer; remove from heat and cool completely.
- Shred pork butt with fork. Season pork with Barbecue sauce; place Pulled Pork on bun. Serve with extra Florida Orange North Carolina–Style BBQ Sauce on the side.
Alternate Slow Cooker Method:
- Place 2 sliced yellow onions in bottom of slow cooker. Season pork butt with salt and pepper; place on top of onions. Add 2 cups Florida Orange Juice and 2 teaspoons liquid smoke. Cook on low for 6 hours, until pork is fork tender.
Serve with Florida Orange Molasses Baked Beans and Grapefruit Slaw.