Our Roasted Garlic Crab is low in calories and high in protein and provides a good source of magnesium. Magnesium plays an essential role in maintaining energy levels, supporting bone health and sustaining nerve function. Your family will enjoy this healthy seafood option featuring the amazing taste of Florida Orange Juice.
- % Daily Value*
Total Fat13.38g 17%
Saturated Fat4.7g 24%
Total Carbohydrate6.32g 2%
Dietary Fiber0.5g 2%
Total Sugars3.01g 6%
Vitamin A321mcg 36%
Vitamin C16.6mg 18%
- ½ cup Florida Orange Juice
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 shallots, minced
- 2 large crabs cooked partway, cleaned, claws and legs removed and with rib sections cut up in 2-inch chunks (lightly crack the claws so that the crab meat inside will soak up the other ingredients)
- 2 tbsp. fresh thyme leaves
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Fresh chopped parsley, for garnish
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time|
|15 minutes||20 minutes||35 minutes|
1. Preheat the oven to 500° F.
2. Melt the butter and olive oil in Dutch oven over medium-high heat.
3. Add the garlic and shallot.
4. Add the crabs, thyme, salt and pepper. Stir to combine for a few minutes.
5. Place the pot in the oven and roast for about 10 to 15 minutes until the crabs are heated thoroughly and all meat is opaque, not translucent.
6. Remove the pot from the oven and transfer the crabs to a plate.
7. Add the Florida Orange Juice to the Dutch oven and stir to combine with the rest of the ingredients. Boil until the sauce is reduced in half, about 5 minutes.
8. Spoon the sauce over the crabs and garnish with parsley. Serve immediately.