Chili has always been a comfort food staple. Our chili is inspired by the amazing flavor of Florida Orange Juice. Prepare our chili in your slow cooker ahead of time and make dinner a breeze when you are busy during the week. This one pot meal is also perfect for sharing with friends and family.
- % Daily Value*
- Total Fat35.4g 45%
- Saturated Fat14.6g 73%
- Trans Fat1.1g
- Cholesterol119mg 40%
- Sodium423mg 18%
- Total Carbohydrate16.8g 6%
- Dietary Fiber3.1g 11%
- Total Sugars7.8g 16%
- Protein32.5g 65%
- Vitamin A1724mcg 192%
- Vitamin C822.8mg 914%
- Calcium340mg 26%
- Iron3.6mg 20%
- Thiamin0.6mg 50%
- Folate45mcg 11%
- Potassium701mg 15%
- 1 ½ cups Florida Orange Juice
- 4 tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 1 ½ lbs. ground beef
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- ½ cup onion, diced
- 2 tbsp. jalapeño, seeded and diced
- 2 tbsp. chopped garlic
- 1 tbsp. chili powder
- 1 tbsp. onion powder
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 (20 oz.) can diced tomatoes
- 2 tsp. fresh oregano
- 1 tsp. chipotle peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1 tsp. finely ground cornmeal
- 1 tsp. Florida Orange zest, chopped
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
1. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil and ground beef and season with salt and pepper.
2. Brown meat until cooked through, remove meat from skillet and set aside.
3. Place cooked ground beef in a large slow cooker. Add Florida Orange Juice, remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil, red and green peppers, onion, jalapeño, garlic, chili powder, onion powder, garlic powder, cumin, oregano, chipotle peppers, cornmeal and Florida Orange zest.
4. Cover and cook over medium to low heat for at least 3 hours.
- Top chili with your favorite toppings like sour cream, chives, or cheddar cheese.
- Pair with our Florida Orange Jalapeño Cornbread.