For Grilled Shrimp:
- ½ cup garam masala
- 3 tbsp. coriander
- 2 tbsp. turmeric
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 (2-inch) piece of ginger, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 to 2 tsp. sriracha sauce
- 4 lbs. large shrimp, peeled and deveined
For Tamarind Orange Chutney:
- 16 oz. Florida Orange Juice
- 2 Florida Oranges, segmented
- 16 oz. tamarind purée
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp. water, ice cold
- 1 tbsp. cornstarch
- 1 tbsp. ground coriander
- 1 tbsp. ground cumin
- 1 tbsp. fresh ginger, grated
- 2 tbsp. fresh cilantro, chopped
1. Heat Florida Orange Juice, tamarind purée and red onion in a saucepan over medium heat and bring to a boil. Lower heat and cook until reduced by about ⅓.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together water and cornstarch until dissolved, then add cornstarch mixture to saucepan with Florida Orange Juice reduction.
3. Add Florida Oranges, coriander, cumin, ginger and cilantro to the saucepan. Stir well and bring to a boil, stirring constantly. When mixture reaches a boil, remove from heat and allow to cool.
4. Combine garam masala, coriander, turmeric, garlic, ginger and sriracha sauce in a food processor and purée until smooth.
5. Rub mixture onto shrimp and marinate for 30 minutes. Grill shrimp and serve with Tamarind Orange Chutney.