- 1 ½ cups Florida Orange Juice
- ½ cup rum
- 2 tbsp. lime juice
- 1 tbsp. dried oregano
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 2 lbs. turkey breast, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 6 sugar cane skewers
Florida Citrus Sweet and Sour Sauce:
- ½ cup Florida Orange Juice, divided
- ½ cup Florida Grapefruit Juice
- ½ cup Florida Tangerine Juice
- 1 tbsp. cornstarch
- ¼ cup rice wine vinegar
- ¼ cup sugar
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time|
|45 minutes||1 hour15 minutes||2 hours|
1. Cook 1 ½ cups Florida Orange Juice and rum in a saucepan over medium heat until volume is reduced by ⅔. Add lime juice, oregano, garlic powder, cumin, and black pepper.
2. Skewer turkey cubes onto sugar cane skewers. Place skewers in a flat nonmetallic dish and pour Florida Orange Juice reduction over skewers. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or up to 3 hours.
3. Meanwhile, combine cornstarch with 2 tablespoons of Florida Orange Juice and set aside. Combine remaining Florida Orange, Grapefruit and Tangerine Juices with rice wine vinegar and sugar in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil and whisk in cornstarch mixture. Simmer until thickened, then remove from heat. Cool to room temperature.
4. Remove turkey skewers from marinade and discard marinade. Grill turkey skewers over medium-high heat until cooked through. Serve with Florida Citrus Sweet and Sour Sauce on the side,
Serving Suggestion: Serve with our Tango Mango Rum Punch.