- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- ⅔ cup non-fat plain yogurt
- ⅔ cup sugar
- 2 large eggs (egg substitute optional)
- 3 tbsp. melted unsalted butter (or margarine)
- 1 tbsp. Florida Orange zest
- ½ cup Florida Orange Juice
- ¼ cup sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350° F.
2. Butter a non-stick loaf pan.
3. Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt into a bowl.
4. In a separate bowl, whisk together yogurt, sugar, eggs, butter and Florida Orange zest.
5. Add liquid ingredients to dry ingredients and stir mixture until well combined.
6. Transfer batter to the loaf pan, smoothing the top, and bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean.
7. While the bread is baking, combine Florida Orange Juice and sugar in a saucepan. Bring the mixture to a boil over medium heat, then reduce heat and simmer for 1 minute. Keep syrup warm.
8. Make holes in the top of the bread with a thin wooden skewer and brush the top with syrup. Let stand in pan for 10 minutes, then invert onto a cooling rack.
9. Poke holes in the bottom and sides of the bread with skewer, and brush with remaining syrup.
10. Let bread cool standing upright, then wrap in plastic and foil overnight.