Menthol Bath Bombs are a great remedy to use in the bath or shower when you or your loved ones are feeling under the weather. While bath bombs are already relaxing and can be great for the skin or stress relief, it’s the essential oils found in menthol that can really help relieve cold and flu symptoms. Most commonly recognized by its smell, the organic compound is extracted from peppermint, eucalyptus and pennyroyal, and offers lots of potential health benefits. In fact, menthol has been commonly used for cold symptom treatments over the years (vapor rubs anyone?). Use our easy DIY bath bomb recipe to make your own at home and store away for when you need a quick pick me up. Whenever feeling sick or stressed, simply place a Menthol Bath Bomb in your tub and you’ll be on the way to feeling better in no time.
What you’ll need:
- 2 ounce travel spritzer bottle filled with ½ Florida Orange Juice and ½ water
- Silicone mold
- 1 cup baking soda
- 1/2 cup citric acid
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- Drops of your favorite essential oils
1. Mix baking soda, citric acid and cornstarch in a mixing bowl. Be sure to break up any clumps.
2. Slowly mix in the essential oils. Spritz small amounts of Florida Orange Juice and water while stirring until the mixture resembles wet sand.
3. Press mixture into molds and let dry for up to eight hours.
4. Carefully push completed bath bombs out of mold and store in container for future use. Enjoy!
- Mix it up by using different essential oil combinations.
- Menthol Bath Bombs make a great addition to cold and flu care package for family members and friends.