- 1 cup Florida Grapefruit Juice
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 1 package (18.25 ounces) Devil’s Food cake mix (with pudding in the mix)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup corn oil
- 2 tablespoons orange liqueur
- 1 (12-ounce) package semisweet mini chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup finely chopped pecans
- 3 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
1. To prepare cake, heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a 12-cup ring pan. Melt chocolate and cream cheese in 2-quart saucepan over low heat. Stir until blended. Set aside to cool. Place cake mix and cinnamon in mixing bowl. In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, grapefruit juice, corn oil and orange liqueur. Add to cake mix along with the cooled chocolate mixture. Beat about 3 minutes. Stir in the chips and pecans. Pour into the pan. Bake 55 to 60 minutes, or until cake tests done. Let sit in pan 10 minutes before removing to rack to cool.
2. To prepare glaze, melt 3 ounces of chocolate and butter in 1-1/2 quart saucepan. Stir until blended. Drizzle over cooled cake. Allow glaze to set before serving.