- 2 cups Florida Orange Juice
- 2 Florida Oranges, cut in wedges
- 1 tsp. Florida Orange zest, chopped
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ⅓ cup cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp. fresh thyme, chopped
- 6 (6 oz.) King salmon fillets
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 bunch asparagus (6)
- Cedar planks
1. Combine Florida Orange Juice, brown sugar and cider vinegar in a small saucepan. Bring to a simmer and cook over medium heat until reduced to ⅔ original volume.
2. Whisk in Dijon mustard, thyme and Florida Orange Zest and remove from heat. Divide and reserve.
3. Place salmon fillets in nonmetallic baking dish. Pour half of citrus glaze over salmon and reserve remaining glaze.
4. Marinate salmon in the refrigerator for 30 minutes. While salmon is marinating, soak cedar planks in cold water to cover for at least 30 minutes.
5. Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
6. Place salmon fillets on cedar planks and season with salt and pepper, then place planks on grill and close lid.
7. Cook fish approximately 10 minutes per inch of thickness. Brush salmon with reserved citrus glaze every few minutes while cooking. Remove fish from heat when it turns from translucent to opaque throughout. Salmon will continue to cook when removed from heat.
8. Wash and clean asparagus and place in grill basket. When salmon is almost cooked, place asparagus on grill and cook until tender, being careful not to overcook.
9. Place salmon and grilled asparagus on serving plate and squeeze fresh Florida Orange wedges over both.