2. Melt 2 sticks of butter in a small saucepan over medium heat until slightly brown. Remove from heat, add ½ cup of sugar and stir until combined.
3. Combine flour and salt in a mixing bowl. Stir in the melted butter mixture and mix until texture is crumbly.
4. Divide crust mixture among tart pans, pressing into the bottom and up the sides of pans.
5. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool crust completely in tart pans on a wire rack.
6. Zest Florida Tangerines using a microplane. Combine Florida Tangerine zest, egg yolks, Florida Tangerine Juice, sugar and sea salt in the top of a double boiler and whisk together.
7. Place a small amount of water in the bottom of the double boiler, making sure water level will not touch the top of double boiler.
8. Bring water in the bottom of the double boiler to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer.
9. Place the top of the double boiler with Tangerine Curd ingredients over simmering water. Whisk constantly until the mixture thickens and evenly coats the back of a spoon with a thick layer.
10. Remove the top of the double boiler from the bottom. Whisk in butter, one cube at a time, until fully incorporated.
11. Prepare gelatin according to package directions and whisk into Tangerine Curd mixture.
12. Pour Tangerine Curd into tart shells. Refrigerate until set or overnight.
13. Garnish tarts with whipped cream and Florida Tangerine zest just before serving, if desired.
Helpful Tip: If a double boiler is not available, prepare Tangerine Curd mixture in a large stainless steel mixing bowl. Carefully place the mixing bowl over simmering water in a saucepan, making sure water does not touch the bottom of the mixing bowl. Proceed as above.