1. Combine all ingredients, except shrimp and oil, in a medium mixing bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
2. Toss shrimp into marinade and refrigerate for two hours.
3. Remove shrimp from marinade and let drain for 5 minutes. Drain vegetables from marinade through a large colander over a sauce pot.
4. Bring drained marinade to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Set aside.
5. Heat a large cast iron skillet over medium-high heat and add half the oil to pan. Add shrimp and sauté until lightly browned and cooked through.
6. Remove shrimp from pan and keep warm.
7. Add the other half of the oil to pan, followed by drained vegetables. Cook until onions are translucent, about 5 minutes.
8. Turn the heat up to high and spread vegetables evenly throughout the pan. Vegetables will start to brown on the bottom of the pan.
9. Arrange shrimp over the vegetables and add reserved marinade.
10. Serve immediately with a side of your favorite guacamole and a plate of warmed whole wheat tortillas.
1. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Lightly spray one side of each tortilla with non-stick cooking spray.
2. Place one tortilla, sprayed side down, into hot skillet. Cook until tortilla begins to expand, about one minute, then flip over and cook another minute.
3. Place tortilla on large napkin. Repeat until all tortillas are cooked. Stack tortillas as you cook them, then wrap with napkin and place on a serving plate.