- 1 cup Florida Orange Juice
- ¼ cup Florida Orange zest
- 2 tbsp. ancho chili powder
- 2 tbsp. lemon pepper seasoning
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsp. kosher salt
- 2 whole chickens, 3–5 lbs. each
- 2 cups ginger ale
- 2 tbsp. ginger, minced
- 2 cups carrots, thinly sliced
1. Combine the orange zest, ancho chili powder, lemon pepper seasoning, brown sugar and salt. Rub the chickens both inside and out and allow to sit in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
2. Place the chickens into a preheated 375º F oven for 10 minutes. Turn heat down to 300º F and continue roasting for 30–40 minutes. Remove from oven and allow the chickens to rest for 15 minutes prior to cutting.
3. While the chickens are resting, place the orange juice, ginger ale, ginger and thinly sliced carrots into a 2-quart pot and bring to a simmer. Cook the carrots until fork tender, approximately 4–5 minutes. Remove the carrots and reduce the liquid to ½ cup.
4. Quarter the rotisserie chicken and lay over equal amounts of gingered carrots. Spoon reduced sauce around chicken and serve.