- 1 cup Florida Orange Juice
- 8 cups torn fresh spinach
- 1 ½ cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- ¼ cup sliced green onions
- 2 slices turkey bacon, chopped
- 2 tsp. cornstarch
- ½ tsp. finely shredded orange peel
- ⅛ tsp. garlic salt
- ⅛ tsp. black pepper
- 3 Florida Oranges, segmented
- ½ orange or red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
1. In a large salad bowl, combine spinach, mushrooms, and onions and set aside.
2. In a 12-inch skillet or Dutch oven, cook bacon over medium heat until crispy. Remove bacon, drain on paper towels and set aside.
3. Wipe out skillet with a paper towel. In a bowl, combine cornstarch, orange peel, Florida Orange Juice, garlic salt, and pepper, then add to skillet. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly, then cook and stir 2 minutes more. Remove from heat.
4. Add spinach mixture, tossing until coated. If desired, return salad to heat and toss 30 to 60 seconds more or until slightly wilted.
5. Return mixture to salad bowl, then toss in bacon, Florida Oranges, and bell pepper strips. Serve immediately.