Florida Citrus Balsamic Vinaigrette:
- ¼ cup Florida Orange Juice
- ¼ cup Florida Tangerine Juice
- 2 tsp. Florida Orange zest
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ½ cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp. honey
- 2 tsp. garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 ½ cups olive oil
Flatiron Steak Salad
- 1 ½ lb. flatiron steak
- 2 cups Florida Citrus Balsamic Vinaigrette (see below)
- ½ cup Florida Orange segments
- ½ cup Florida Grapefruit segments
- 2 quarts baby spinach
- ½ cup red onion, thinly sliced
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup radish, thinly sliced
- ½ cup cucumber, thinly sliced
- ½ cup crumbled goat cheese
1. To make Florida Citrus Balsamic Vinaigrette, combine Florida Orange and Tangerine Juices, Florida Orange zest, lemon juice, balsamic vinegar, honey, garlic, Dijon mustard, salt and pepper. Slowly drizzle in olive oil while whisking vigorously. Set dressing aside.
2. Place flatiron steak in a container and add 1 cup of vinaigrette. Marinate in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes or up to 3 hours.
3. Grill steak over medium-high heat to desired temperature. Remove from heat and allow to rest for 5 minutes before slicing thinly. While steak is resting, prepare salad.
4. Combine Florida Orange and Grapefruit segments, baby spinach, red onion, cherry tomatoes, radish and cucumber in a large mixing bowl. Add desired amount of Florida Citrus Balsamic Vinaigrette and toss well to combine.
5. To serve, divide the salad and sliced steak among four plates and top with crumbled goat cheese.