- % Daily Value*
- Total Fat26.7g 34%
- Saturated Fat10.1g 51%
- Trans Fat0.4g
- Cholesterol97.5mg 33%
- Sodium404.3mg 18%
- Total Carbohydrate17.8g 6%
- Dietary Fiber3.3g 12%
- Total Sugars7.9g
- Protein26.8g 54%
- Vitamin A1798mcg 200%
- Vitamin C82.7mg 92%
- Calcium306.3mg 24%
- Iron2.7mg 15%
- Thiamin0.6mg 50%
- Folate44.5mcg 11%
- Potassium683.3mg 15%
- 1 ½ cups Florida Orange Juice
- 1 tsp. Florida Orange zest, chopped
- 4 tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 1 ½ lb. ground buffalo meat
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- ½ cup onion, diced
- 2 tbsp. jalapeño, seeded and diced
- 2 tbsp. chopped garlic .
- 2 tbsp. chili powder
- 1 tbsp. onion powder
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 (20-oz.) can diced tomatoes
- 2 tbsp. fresh oregano
- 1 tbsp. chipotle peppers, seeded, chopped
- 1 tbsp. finely ground cornmeal
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
1. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil and buffalo meat and season with salt and pepper.
2. Brown meat until cooked through, then remove from skillet and set aside.
3. In a large stock pot over medium heat, place remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil, red and green peppers, onion, jalapeño and garlic.
4. Cook for 8 to 10 minutes until onions are tender. Add chili powder, onion powder, garlic powder and cumin and cook for 1 to 2 more minutes to toast spices.
5. Add tomatoes, Florida Orange Juice, oregano, chipotle peppers, cornmeal and Florida Orange zest. Cook over medium-low heat for 45 minutes.
6. Serve chili in bowls and top with cheddar cheese and sour cream.
Serving Suggestion: Serve with Florida Orange Jalapeño Cornbread.