- 1/4 cup Florida Orange Juice
- 1/4 cup Florida Orange Zest
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 2 cups Heavy cream
- 3 each Egg yolks
- 1 tablespoons Vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup Concord grape jelly
- 1 loaf Brioche
- 6 tablespoons Butter, unsalted
- 1/2 cup Chunky peanut butter
1. Over a double boiler, combine the sugar, Florida Orange Zest, heavy cream, egg yolks and vanilla extract. Whisk over the boiler for 15 minutes. Allow mixture to cool.
2. In a small pot, combine the jelly and the Florida Orange Juice; reduce to 1/2 cup. Allow to cool and solidify.
3. Cut the brioche into 3/4-inch-thick slices.
4. Place the butter in a large rondeau over medium-high heat. As the butter is browning, dip the slices of brioche into the cooled heavy cream mixture; allow the excess to run off. Cook brioche slices like French toast. When each piece is done, place on a cooling rack.
5. Cut each piece of bread into various shapes and dollop chunky peanut butter around, followed by the jelly. Cover with other pieces of the citrus brioche and serve.