Start your mornings off right with our healthy Quinoa Breakfast Bowl! Quinoa is high in protein, berries are rich in vitamin C, and Florida Orange Juice provides calcium and potassium, all of which may support a healthier lifestyle and overall wellness.
- ⅓ cup Florida Orange Juice
- 1 tbsp. maple syrup
- 1 tsp. matcha powder
- ½ cup red quinoa, rinsed
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 cup berries, any combination of raspberries, blueberries or blackberries
- 2 tbsp. sliced almonds
1. Combine the Florida Orange Juice, maple syrup and matcha in a lidded glass jar.
2. Shake vigorously to combine.
3. Set aside.
4. Combine the quinoa, almond milk and salt in a small sauce pot, set over medium high heat and bring to a boil.
5. Decrease the heat to low, cover and cook 15 minutes or until the liquid has absorbed and the quinoa has uncurled and looks like spirals.
6. Remove the quinoa from the heat and set aside, covered for five minutes.
7. Uncover and fluff quinoa with a fork.
8. To serve, divide the quinoa and orange sauce between two bowls.
9. Top each bowl with berries and almonds and serve warm.
Helpful Tip: Top our breakfast bowl with any of your favorite healthy toppings, such as granola or chia seeds!