- 3 thin Florida Orange slices, rind removed
- 2 slices whole grain bread
- 2 tbsp. prepared Orange Olive Oil Mayo (see below)
- 4 slices turkey
- 1 lettuce leaf
- 3 thin tomato slices
- Salt and pepper to taste
Orange Olive Oil Mayo
- ¼ cup Florida Orange Juice
- ¼ cup pasteurized egg substitute
- 1 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- ¾ cup canola oil
- Salt to taste
1. Combine egg substitute, Florida Orange Juice, Dijon mustard and salt in a medium bowl. Whisk until blended.
2. Whisking constantly, add ¼ cup of canola oil to the egg mixture, a few drops at a time, about 4 minutes. Gradually add in remaining ½ cup of oil in a very slow stream, whisking constantly, until mayonnaise is thick, about 8 minutes.
3. Spread both slices of bread with Orange Olive Oil Mayo. Top one slice of bread with lettuce and tomato, and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
4. Place Florida Orange slices on top of tomato slices, then place the turkey on top of the orange slices. Close sandwich with the other slice of bread and serve immediately.