Florida Orange Chicken:
- 4 cups Florida Orange Juice
- 1 whole chicken
- 3 cups onion, chopped
- 1 cup carrot, cut into ½-inch slices
- 1 cup celery, cut into ½-inch slices
- 6 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- Water as needed
Corn Pot Pie:
- 1 cup Florida Orange Juice
- 1 tsp. Florida Orange zest, chopped
- 2 cups leeks, chopped
- 8 tbsp. butter, divided
- 1 tbsp. garlic, chopped
- 8 tbsp. flour
- 1 cup cream
- 2 cups whole kernel corn, frozen
- 1 cup peas, frozen
- 1 cup carrot, chopped
- ¾ cup dried cranberries
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tbsp. fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 tbsp. fresh rosemary, chopped
- ¼ tsp. ground nutmeg
- ⅛ tsp. ground cloves
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 2 tbsp. milk
- Florida Orange slice, for garnish
- Fresh thyme, for garnish
For Florida Orange Chicken:
1. Rinse chicken under cold water and place chicken in a large stock pot. Add Florida Orange Juice, onions, carrots, celery, garlic and cumin.
2. Add enough water to just cover chicken. Bring to a simmer, then lower heat to a light simmer. Cook until a thermometer inserted in the center of chicken breast reads 155° F.
3. Remove stockpot from heat, cover and let stand for 45 minutes.
4. Remove chicken from stockpot and allow to cool slightly.
5. Remove breasts and legs from chicken and shred meat into 1-inch pieces. Strain stock and discard any bones and vegetables. Reserve chicken and stock.
For Corn Pot Pie:
1. Place leeks, 2 tablespoons of butter and garlic in a large saucepan over medium heat.
2. Cook for 4 to 5 minutes, until leeks are tender and garlic is fragrant.
3. Add remaining 6 tablespoons of butter and stir until melted. Add flour and stir to form a paste. Add reserved stock one-third at a time, stirring well after each addition.
4. Cook for 15 minutes over low heat, stirring often. Add Florida Orange Juice, cream, reserved chicken, corn, peas, carrots, cranberries, thyme, rosemary, Florida Orange zest, nutmeg and cloves and cook for an additional 15 minutes. Remove from heat and remove bay leaf.
5. Place an 8-inch round casserole dish on top of puff pasty. Cut puff pastry in a circle 1 inch wider than the casserole dish on all sides.
6. Spoon pot pie filling into a baking dish and cover with puff pastry circle. Fold pastry dough down over the outside rim of the dish and press to seal.
7. Whisk eggs and milk together and brush puff pastry with egg mixture.
8. Bake at 375° F for 20 to 25 minutes, until crust is golden brown. Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly.
9. Garnish with Florida Orange slice and fresh thyme. Using a large spoon, place filling and some crust into serving dishes.