- % Daily Value*
- Total Fat7.42g 10%
- Saturated Fat2.7g 14%
- Trans Fat0g
- Cholesterol164mg 55%
- Sodium210mg 9%
- Total Carbohydrate2.33g 1%
- Dietary Fiber.5g 2%
- Total Sugars.5g
- Protein7.72g 15%
- Vitamin A612mcg 68%
- Vitamin C1.6mg 2%
- Calcium120mg 9%
- Iron.88mg 5%
- Thiamin.1mg 8%
- Folate32mcg 8%
- Potassium94mg 2%
Make your busy weekday mornings less stressful by preparing our Mini Breakfast Quiche. The perfect complement to a nutritious glass of Florida Orange Juice packed with vitamin C, these quiches are a healthy yummy breakfast option that you can prepare the night before to save time in the mornings, as well as provide your family with plenty of nutrients, such as protein, that can help build strong bones and muscles.
- 10 large eggs
- ½ cup cooked Mexican chorizo
- 1 cup spinach, finely chopped
- 1 leek, sliced lengthwise (green parts discarded) and thinly sliced into half moons
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1 pinch coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 tbsp. fresh oregano
1. Preheat oven to 375° F.
2. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs and season with a pinch of salt and pepper.
3. Heat a tablespoon of extra-virgin olive oil in a medium skillet and add leeks. Season lightly with salt and pepper and sauté until slightly browned for 3 minutes. Remove the mixture from pan and set aside in a container.
4. Add the chorizo to the pan and cook until it’s softened, approximately 5 minutes.
5. Pour the eggs into a non-stick muffin tin.
6. Sprinkle the leeks evenly into each egg mixture, followed by a scoop of chorizo. Add spinach, cheese and oregano on top of each.
7. Place in oven and bake for about 10 minutes, checking in at the 8-minute mark. The quiches should be puffed up and cooked in the middle.
8. Let cool a few minutes and serve at your next meal.
Helpful Tips: Customize your breakfast quiche by swapping ingredients. Try bacon instead of chorizo, use seasonal vegetables or add a dash of your favorite seasoning.