Make your mornings less stressful by preparing our mini breakfast quiche. The perfect complement to a glass of Florida Orange Juice, these mini breakfast quiches are a yummy breakfast option that you can prepare the night before to make your busy weekday mornings easier.
- 10 large eggs
- ½ cup cooked Mexican chorizo
- 1 cup spinach, finely chopped
- 1 leek, sliced lengthwise (green parts discarded) and thinly sliced
- into half moons
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1 pinch coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 tbsp. fresh oregano
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs and season with a pinch of salt and pepper.
3. Heat a tablespoon of extra-virgin olive oil in a medium skillet and add leeks. Season lightly with salt and pepper and sauté until slightly browned for 3 minutes. Remove the mixture from pan and set aside in a container.
4. Add the chorizo to the pan and cook until it’s softened, approximately 5 minutes.
5. Pour the eggs into a non-stick muffin tin.
6. Sprinkle the leeks evenly into each egg mixture, followed by a scoop of chorizo. Add spinach, cheese and oregano on top of each.
7. Place in oven and bake for about 10 minutes, checking in at the 8-minute mark. The quiches should be puffed up and cooked in the middle.
8. Let cool a few minutes and serve at your next meal.
Customize your breakfast quiche by swapping ingredients. Try bacon instead of chorizo, use seasonal vegetables or add a dash of your favorite seasoning.