Teach your kids the value of recycling by creating our Florida Orange Juice bird feeder. Not only will your kids get to participate in a fun arts and craft activity, but they will be able to recycle their Florida Orange Juice carton into a new home for local birds.
What you’ll need:
- A Florida Orange Juice carton
- 1 color of paint
- Serrated knife
- Googly eyes
- 2 plastic bottle lids (orange colored)
- 2 white bottle caps (for pupils)
- Popsicle stick
- Hot glue gun
- 2 paint brushes
- Bird seed
- Hand held hole puncher
- Paint Florida Orange Juice carton using two coats of paint for an even color.
2. Once dry, use a serrated knife to cut out “tummy and wings” on the bottom half of your Florida Orange Juice carton. Keep “wings” slightly attached so they can cover the seeds in the finished bird feeder. Use cut out of the “tummy” portion to cut a triangle shape for the “beak.”
3. Attach bottle tops for “eyes” and triangle shape for “beak” using a hot glue gun.
4. Place bird seed in bottom of feeder. Punch a hole on top of bird feeder, hang and enjoy.
- Try using different colors and accessories to add your personal style to each bird feeder.
- Place feeders throughout your yard to attract more birds.