Savor BBQ Pork Belly Sliders, marinated and slow-cooked until tender, topped with Ginger Grapefruit Chutney for a sweet and savory treat.
For Ginger Grapefruit Chutney:
1. Prepare Marinade; Combine all ingredients in bowl; mix thoroughly to combine. Place pork belly in non-metallic baking pan; pour marinade over pork belly; cover and refrigerate. Marinate at least 3 hours or preferably overnight.
2. Bake pork belly with marinade in covered baking pan at 275 degrees for 2 to 2-1/2 hours until pork is fork tender. Remove from oven; cool slightly. Place a flat plate or dish on top of pork belly; weigh down with heavy object and refrigerate overnight.
3. Prepare Ginger Grapefruit Chutney; Combine sugar and vinegar in medium saucepan; simmer over medium heat until reduced by half. Add grapefruit segments, ginger and curry powder; continue simmering until liquid evaporates. Remove from heat; reserve.
4. Remove pork belly from marinade; reserve marinade. Slice pork belly into 3/4-inch thick slices and cut into 3-inch lengths.
5. belly on both sides until brown and crisp. Add some reserved marinade to sauté pan to glaze pork belly.
6. While pork is cooking, warm buns in steamer. Serve pork belly on steamed buns; top with red cabbage and Ginger Grapefruit Chutney.
*Available at Asian market or specialty store.