- 1 Florida Grapefruit
- 5 squid (Japanese common squid: Todarodes pacificusor “Surume-ika”)
- 1 stalk of celery
- 1 piece of ginger
- 2 bags of noodles (Japan noodles for fried noodles)
- ½ tbsp. vegetable oil
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Soy Sauce to taste
- Torn celery leaves for garnish
1. Peel and segment the Florida Grapefruit.
2. Julienne the ginger.
3. Cut the squid and its legs into rectangular pieces. Season with salt, pepper and soy sauce.
4. Using a vegetable peeler, remove the fibers from the celery stalk and cut the celery into thin, diagonal pieces.
5. Cook the 2 bags of noodles per instructions on bag.
6. In a frying pan, add vegetable oil and ginger. Cook on low heat until aroma from the ginger comes out.
7. Add squid and celery to frying pan and cook on high heat for 1 minute. Set aside.
8. Fry the noodles on high heat for 2 minutes until there is browning on both sides. Set noodles on serving plate.
9. Return the squid and celery into the pan and stir fry on high heat for 1 minute.
10. Add Florida Grapefruit to the frying pan, fry lightly.
11. Place squid, celery and Florida Grapefruit over noodles and garnish with torn celery leaves.