- 1 cup chopped Florida Grapefruit sections
- 2 to 3 whole garlic cloves, peeled, cut in half
- 3 to 4 ripe Roma tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 baguette, sliced on the bias
- 1 large avocado, chopped
- ½ small red onion, chopped
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Grapefruit segments, optional for garnish
- Cilantro sprigs, optional
1. Preheat oven to 350° F. Place baguette slices on a baking sheet and toast for 5 to 7 minutes or until golden brown. Rub the toasted side of the bread with the cut side of the garlic cloves; reserve.
2. In medium bowl, combine tomatoes, grapefruit, avocado, red onion, cilantro, olive oil, salt and pepper; toss gently to combine. Spoon grapefruit mixture over prepared bruschetta. Garnish with fresh grapefruit segments and cilantro, if desired.