- 1 cup Florida Grapefruit Juice
- 1/2 large red onion, sliced
- 1-1/2 teaspoon minced ginger
- Zest and juice of 1/2 Florida Orange
- 1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoon canola oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1. In a saucepan coated lightly with oil over high heat, sauté the onions and ginger until soft, about 5 minutes. Add the orange zest and juice, soy sauce, grapefruit juice, and sugar and bring to a simmer.
2. Reduce by 50 percent over low heat, about 10 to 15 minutes.
Check for flavor. Immediately transfer to a blender and blend until almost smooth. Drizzle in oil. Do not blend until super smooth.
3. Bring to room temperature, transfer to a glass jar, seal and store in refrigerator for up to two weeks.
Makes 2 cups