- 1-1/2 cups fresh squeezed and sieved red Florida Grapefruit Juice
- 1 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 cups of water
- Little less than 1/2 cup Campari
- 1 egg white
- Icing machine or ice pan
- 1 large red paprika
- Few drops of olive oil
- Juice of one Florida Orange, sieved
- 1/2 cup white port
- Marrow of 1 vanilla pod
- Half vanilla pod
- 2 pieces of passion fruit
- 1 ripe mango
1. To prepare the sorbet, put water and sugar in a narrow high pan. Bring the mixture to boiling level and leave it on moderate heat until all sugar has melted. Let cool to room temperature.
2. Take 450 grams of the sugar syrup, add grapefruit juice and Campari and stir it up well. Check the sugar density at 64 degrees and if necessary, add cold water until the right temperature is reached. Freeze the mixture in an ice machine. Now add egg white foam to the sorbet when it’s slightly frozen and let the machine mix until the sorbet has the desired sturdiness. In an ungreased bowl, beat the egg white with the sugar to a stiff foam.
3. To prepare the paprika, preheat the oven to 355 degrees. Wrap up the paprika in double aluminum foil and ‘roast’ in the oven for 35 minutes. Let cool for 15 minutes while still in the foil. Pick the paprika out of aluminum foil, jab a hole at the bottom and release the moisture. Remove the stalk, seeds and remaining membranes. Now, using a knife, peel the skin of the paprika and cut the fruit in equal strips. Preheat a Teflon pan with a few drops of olive oil, put the paprika slices in a pan and let all liquid evaporate. Add white port, cinnamon, vanilla and orange juice and keep on low heat for 2-3 minutes.
4. To finish, peel the mango. Cut the mango in half as close to the seed as possible. Cut the pieces in narrow slices. The leftover mango can be put in the blender and will be used for the sauce. Now, divide the passion fruits in half and take out the seeds. Put the mango, passion fruit and paprika onto the plates and add a scoop of grapefruit sorbet ice cream.