- 4 fresh Florida grapefruit
- 18 cooked, cleaned shrimp
- 1 medium avocado, peeled and cut in ½-inch cubes
- 1 cup bottled chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- 1/4 cup green pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup celery, sliced
- Lettuce leaves to line grapefruit shells
1. Cut each grapefruit in half and remove sections, placing them in a large non-metal mixing bowl. Scrape out 6 of the grapefruit halves and set aside.
2. Cut shrimp in half lengthwise; add to grapefruit bowl. Add avocado cubes to bowl. In another bowl, combine chili sauce, horseradish, onion, green pepper and celery. Mix well and add to grapefruit bowl; toss gently. Line the grapefruit shells with lettuce and mound the grapefruit mixture in them.