- 2 cups Florida Orange Juice
- Florida Orange Zest, for garnish
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 cup white wine
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 tbsp. garlic, chopped
- 2 cups leeks, chopped
- 1/2 cup flour
- 12 oz. smoked whitefish, cleaned, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 cups potatoes, chopped
- 1 cup cooked wild rice
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tbsp. fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 tbsp. parsley
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- Fresh dill, for garnish
1. Combine Florida Orange Juice, vegetable stock and white wine in saucepan; bring to simmer. Remove from heat; keep warm.
2. In large saucepan, cook 2 tbsp. butter and garlic over medium heat for 1 to 2 minutes, until butter is melted; do not brown garlic.
3. Add leeks and cook until tender. Add remaining 2 tbsp. butter; cook until melted.
4. Sprinkle flour over leeks and stir until flour and butter are combined to make a roux.
5. Add Florida Orange Juice mixture to leek mixture, one-third at a time, stirring well to incorporate before each addition.
6. Add smoked whitefish, potatoes, wild rice, heavy cream, thyme and bay leaf; simmer over low heat for 20 to 25 minutes, until potatoes are tender. Remove bay leaf.
7. Add parsley and lemon juice; serve immediately. Garnish with Florida Orange Zest and dill.