- 2 cups Florida Orange Juice
- Florida Orange zest, for garnish
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 cup white wine
- 4 tbsp. butter, divided
- 1 tbsp. garlic, minced
- 2 cups leeks, chopped
- ½ cup flour
- 12 oz. smoked whitefish, cleaned and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 cups potatoes, chopped
- 1 cup cooked wild rice
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tbsp. fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 tbsp. parsley
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- Fresh dill, for garnish
1. Combine Florida Orange Juice, vegetable stock and white wine in a saucepan and bring to a simmer. Remove from heat and keep warm.
2. In a large saucepan, cook 2 tablespoons of butter and the garlic over medium heat for 1 to 2 minutes, until butter is melted. Do not brown garlic.
3. Add leeks and cook until tender. Add remaining 2 tablespoons of butter and cook until melted.
4. Sprinkle flour over leeks and stir until flour and butter are combined to make a roux.
5. Add Florida Orange Juice mixture to leek mixture, ⅓ at a time, stirring well to incorporate before each addition.
6. Add smoked whitefish, potatoes, wild rice, heavy cream, thyme and bay leaf. Simmer over low heat for 20 to 25 minutes, until potatoes are tender. Remove bay leaf.
7. Add parsley and lemon juice and serve immediately. Garnish with Florida Orange zest and dill.