Spice up family taco night with our Florida OJ Spicy Shrimp Tacos with Citrus Slaw. The balance of zesty and tangy flavors are sure to make this a dinner favorite. Plus, it contains essential nutrients, like vitamin C, that help keep your body strong and healthy!
- 1/2 cup Florida Orange Juice
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil, plus 1 tablespoon
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon garlic chili paste
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 pounds medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup Florida Orange Juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Pinch freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups thinly shredded Napa cabbage
- 1 cup thinly shredded red cabbage
- 1 cup grated carrots
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time|
|45 minutes||3 hours||3 hours45 minutes|
To make the shrimp:
Place the orange juice, cilantro, 1/4 cup olive oil, onions, garlic, ginger, chili paste and salt into a large zip top bag, seal and move around to combine. Add the shrimp, seal and toss to combine. Refrigerate for 2 hours and up to 4.
Remove the shrimp from the marinade, reserving 1/4 cup of the marinade.
Place remaining tablespoon of olive oil in a large sauté pan or wok, set over medium high heat and when it shimmers, add the shrimp. Cook, tossing continually for 1 minute. Add the reserved marinade and continue cooking until sauce has reduced slightly and shrimp are opaque and just cooked through, about 2 minutes.
To make the slaw:
Place the orange juice, olive oil, vinegar, garlic, ginger, sesame oil, salt and pepper in a lidded jar and shake well to combine.
Place the Napa cabbage, red cabbage, carrots and cilantro in a large mixing bowl, add enough dressing to coat and toss to combine. Serve immediately.