- 1 cup Florida Orange Juice
- 1 tbsp. canola oil
- 4 skinless chicken breasts, approximately 4 oz. each
- 1 yellow onion, sliced
- 1 tbsp. minced garlic
- 1 tbsp. minced ginger
- 1 tbsp. turmeric
- 1 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 saffron thread, optional
- 1 (15-oz.) can garbanzo beans, drained
- 1 cup dried apricots
- 1 cup diced fresh tomatoes
- ½ cup cashews, chopped and toasted
- 2 tbsp. fresh cilantro, chopped
1. Heat oil in a tagine and brown chicken breasts for 3 to 5 minutes. Remove chicken breasts and reserve.
2. Add onion, garlic and ginger to tagine and sauté for 3 minutes.
3. Add Florida Orange Juice, turmeric, nutmeg, cinnamon and saffron and simmer for 3 minutes (do not boil.)
4. Add garbanzo beans, apricots and tomatoes. Bring to a simmer and add reserved chicken breasts.
5. Cover tagine and cook for 20 to 30 minutes over low heat until chicken is thoroughly cooked.
6. Garnish with cashews and cilantro and serve immediately.
Serving Suggestion: Serve Orange Apricot Chicken Tagine with couscous.