- % Daily Value*
- Total Fat14.1g 18%
- Saturated Fat3.9g 20%
- Trans Fat0g
- Cholesterol86.8mg 29%
- Sodium76.7mg 3%
- Total Carbohydrate8.1g 3%
- Dietary Fiber0.5g 2%
- Total Sugars4.1g 8%
- Protein28.1g 56%
- Vitamin A215.5mcg 24%
- Vitamin C23.3mg 26%
- Calcium26.5mg 2%
- Iron1.4mg 8%
- Vitamin D.31mcg 2%
- Vitamin E.41mg 3%
- Vitamin K2.6mcg 2%
- Thiamin0.08mg 7%
- Riboflavin.19mg 15%
- Niacin6.4mg 40%
- Vitamin B6.3mg 18%
- Folate19.2mcg 5%
- Vitamin B12.2mcg 8%
- Magnesium28.88mg 7%
- Potassium314.8mg 7%
Perfect for the whole family, our Slow Cooker Cuban Chicken recipe features the nutritional benefits of Florida Orange Juice and its amazing flavors. The combination of 100% orange juice with chicken will tenderize the protein to ensure an enjoyable meal. Featuring only a handful of ingredients, our slow cooker recipe is an easy meal solution for anyone juggling a busy schedule.
- ¾ cup Florida Orange Juice
- 1 whole chicken (about 4 lbs.)
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 8 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
- ¾ cup lime juice (about 5 limes)
- 1 fresh bay leaf
- 1 yellow onion, thinly sliced
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time|
|30 minutes||2 hours30 minutes||3 hours|
1. Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
2. Warm the oil in a pan over medium-high heat.
3. Add the chicken (in batches if necessary), skin side down, and cook until golden brown on the bottom, about 7 minutes. Turn the chicken and cook the second side until lightly browned, about 3 minutes. Set browned chicken aside.
4. Discard all but about 1 tablespoon of fat from the pan, and return to medium-high heat.
5. Add the onions and sauté until just golden brown.
6. Add garlic and sauté for a couple more minutes, until the onions are golden and the garlic is fragrant.
7. Pour in Florida Orange Juice and lime juice. Raise the heat to high, bring to a boil, and deglaze the pan, stirring to scrape up the browned bits on the bottom.
8. Add the chicken, garlic and onions to the slow cooker and sprinkle with 1 teaspoon salt and add the bay leaf. Cover slow cooker and cook on low heat for 5 hours.
9. Remove and discard the bay leaf. Transfer the chicken to a serving dish.
10. Season the sauce to taste with salt and a generous amount of pepper. Spoon the onions and sauce over the chicken.
Helpful Tip: You can also make this a simple multi-function pot recipe. Follow steps 1 through 3 above in a multi-function pot. For step 8, add the chicken and bay leaf to the multi-function pot and sprinkle with 1 teaspoon salt. Cover and cook on high for 2 ½ hours on slow cooker setting.