In the Himrod kitchen, we like to do meal prep on Sunday, so we have healthy and delicious meal options throughout the week. Preparing meals in advance often comes in handy when we don’t have time to cook after a busy day at the Himrod Family Nursery. Here are three meal-prep ideas we follow each week.
Want to learn more about our Florida Citrus Growers? Meet Aaron Himrod, a third generation grower.
What You’ll Need:
- 3 types of desired protein
- Seasoning for each protein
- Baking tray
- Aluminum foil
- Cover baking tray with tin aluminum foil.
- Use foil to create dividers for three separate areas.
- Season meat with your favorite seasoning and place between dividers.
- Place pan in oven and cook meat.
Tip 2: Use a cupcake pan to freeze smoothies
- Blend your favorite ingredients to create a large smoothie.
- Pour smoothie into cupcake pan cups.
- Place cupcake pan in freezer overnight.
- Toss 2 or 3 frozen smoothie cups in blender for an easy breakfast-on-the-go. For an on-the-go breakfast, place 2 or 3 frozen smoothie cups in a shaker bottle, allow to thaw during your morning commute and enjoy.
- Don’t forget to cook large meals in a slow cooker on Sunday to enjoy all week.