This fun science project is perfect for kids, and a fun way to learn! Try our Captain Citrus Erupting Volcano fueled by Florida Orange Juice. This easy to make experiment is fun for the whole family and a great way to combine science and entertainment.
What You Need:
- 1 – 2 cups Florida Orange Juice
- 2 – 4 cups warm water
- Pinch of powder detergent
- 1 tbsp. baking soda
- Salt dough volcano
- 6 cups flour
- 2 cups salt
- 4 tablespoons cooking oil
- 2 cups warm water
- Create a salt dough volcano by mixing all of its ingredients in a bowl.
2. Fill your volcano ¾ full with warm water.
3. Add powder detergent.
4. Add baking soda
5. When you are ready to start the eruption, slowly pour Florida Orange Juice into your volcano until the “lava” starts foaming out of the top. Once the lava start foaming, stop pouring the Florida Orange juice.
- Kids can create additional eruptions by adding more baking soda and Florida Orange Juice.
- Make a funnel out of paper to allow for easy pouring of your ingredients.